Saturday, May 4, 2013

A New Hope

The subject line is an unintended reference to today (May the 4th be with you), even though I am a Star Wars geek.  It reflects the way I feel these last few days.  Last Tuesday was my last final exam and I'll be graduating on Monday the 13th.  It's kind of weird for me because over the last year I've been so focused on  doing well in my classes, being involved in various environmental events and organizations, and overall building a solid foundation to prepare myself for my future.  Prior to last spring, I was working full time but in school only half time.  With a strong desire to just finish already, I went all in full-time, with every other life event squeezed in between work and school.  It became a routine and I was so in tune with it.  So much, in fact, that now that I have a free Saturday for the first time in eight months, it was difficult to not think about going to Dr. Flakne's class on Green Infrastructure or Forest Resource Management.  For the first time in a while, I was able to get up and just "do something".  And it feels like good old times.  I am confident that I can do anything I want at this point.

I took Cassius to Union Ridge Cemetery today.  Aimee and I took him there last week and he really seemed to like the "wilderness" feel to it - the tall, weedy sections of grass, big old gnarled oak trees, discarded piles of dirt and logs scattered about, and lots and lots of bushes and shrubs that he can sniff around.

At Rest - 60+ year old squirrel?






No comments:

Post a Comment