Sunday, March 24, 2013

Cassius Play

We have a dog.

Cassius Play (AKA "Cash") was rescued from a kill shelter in Kentucky and brought to Illinois by Wright Way Animal Rescue.  Aimee and I have been looking at dogs for some time, and talking about it even longer.  We especially wanted to rescue a dog vs support a corporate chain pet store.  Not that I believe that buying a dog from Petland is in and of itself always a bad thing, it's just that there are so many neglected and unwanted dogs in the U.S. that have nowhere else to go.  Three to four million dogs are euthanized each year in the U.S., and that statistic isn't just due to pet stores but mostly to people who don't spay or neuter their dogs.  I could go on and on about this but I won't do that here - I just wanted to introduce you to Cash.  He is an approximately one-year-old Schnauzer mix who is like an angel in a dog suit.  I plan on posting updates on Cash as his antics and idiosyncrasies come to life.  For now, he is relaxing and adjusting to his new life here with us.


No comments:

Post a Comment