Saturday, March 16, 2013

Snappy Service System

I was made aware of the unveiling, if you will, of the former facade of this small building through an online discussion at the Forgotten Chicago Facebook page.  This building, on Ashland just south of Division, was last a La Pasadita Mexican fast-food restaurant.  Just like all other La Pasaditas in Chicago (there are in fact two right across the street -can anyone say oversaturation?), this one had been painted bright yellow.  For some reason or another, workers were seen removing the paint and other external furnishings.  Here are the photos that motivated me to photograph them myself - the first photo is from Google Street View, and below is a photo (I did not take) from yesterday.



I decided to head there myself to document the vintage facade myself.  It was hard to get any decent photos due to the timing (a lot of traffic that kept me from backing up for a wide shot) as well as a big tour trolley parked right in front of it.  This building oozes character.  It will very likely soon be all redone.








No comments:

Post a Comment